Portland PARKA: Parents Raising Kids Alone

We are mothers who did it all ourselves from the very start (conception?). We are raising wonderful children in Portland by ourselves, and doing a darned wonderful job of it! You are welcome to join us if you are a single woman with a child, planning a child, or thinking about having or adopting a child on your own.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

I need guidance, and maybe some of you out there have had similar situations as me as single moms. I have found I have lost my enthusiasm for my work, basically because I really want to be home with my baby, even if it's just part time. And of course, since I am the sole bread winner of the family (last night I talked to Tory about getting a part time job, but she looked at me like I had 2 heads!), quiting my job or taking a part time job that doesn't pay a jillion dollars an hour, is not an option. I feel trapped. This is not how I imagined spending my child's first years. I have wracked my brains for options, and have even tried to start a home business, but I just don't have the time or energy after work to pursue it! In the meantime, I know my work is suffering and it shows. I used to really be up for working with my patients. Now it's a struggle. I still love and admire them for their courage, as obviously they didn't plan their life with chronic kidney disease as a focal point, which it now is, but still, I miss every moment of Tory's life that I am not part of. I have tried to see if there is something else out there that interests me and will give me my enthusiasm back, but the job market is just not good for social workers at this time. I would love to work at a yarn shop...what a social group...people sitting around and knitting and talking...I would love that! But I'm sure the pay won't cover the bills...maybe a sugar daddy??? Does anyone know one I could meet? It must be after work, after the home business, after I put Tory to bed and before I collapse into bed myself...I've heard of eharmony, how about esugardaddy??? Please, share your experiences, let me know I am not alone!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Debby and Tory said…

    I just looked it up...there IS a sugardaddie.com, and it is a dating service. It's for millionaire men and fashion model/centerfold women. I don't think a single-mom with a toddler is what THESE men are looking for...I can imagine their surprise when looking for a centerfold and finding stretch marks...

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Debby and Tory said…

    Norway sounds great, but how is the weather? It would have to be 75 and sunny year round with pristine white sand beaches and man servants bringing me my orange juice in a coconut, then going to change Tory's diaper without missing a beat...wait a minute, it sounds like I somehow got back to the suger daddy conversation!

    Welcome Shari!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home