Portland PARKA: Parents Raising Kids Alone

We are mothers who did it all ourselves from the very start (conception?). We are raising wonderful children in Portland by ourselves, and doing a darned wonderful job of it! You are welcome to join us if you are a single woman with a child, planning a child, or thinking about having or adopting a child on your own.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fabulous Day Care




I have the best day care provider in Portland. She is a single mom who decided to stay at home with her baby, who is now 7 months old. She started the day care in September, I believe, just in time for me to have a desperate need to move Tory to a closer, vegetarian-friendly provider. I got really lucky. For 3 months now, it has just been Tory and Alison's baby. Since they are both under 2, she is prohibited from taking any other children under 2, so she is on the lookout for new kids over 2. She is very flexible with schedules, diets, and personal needs. I am hoping she gets some more kids so Tory has more kids to play with and run around with. She misses that after having so many kids at her last day care! I can totally vouch for Alison. She lives and runs her day care from her home in SE Portland, on SE 65th between Flavel and Duke. She has a cute little house that she shares with a roommate (who has been cleared by the state as OK and is really nice!). There are indoor/outdoor cats that are really sweet, and 2 dogs that remain either outside or in the basement when Tory is there. They are nice dogs, but I don't really want Tory to be around dogs when I am not there to supervise, no matter how much I trust the owner! Anyway, I think it would be nice to have some other single moms bring their kids there. Her price is OVERWHELMINGLY REASONABLE!!!!! Like I said, I don't know how I got so lucky to get a great caregiver, so close and so reasonably priced! Please, contact me...leave a comment and I will email you back, if you are interested or want to hear more!!!! Thanks!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there, I am in semi-desperate need for child care. Would you send me Alison's phone number??? I have a three year old and a five year old and am primarily in need of care for my three year old while the 5 yr old is in school. Thank you!
    Cindy Scott
    cindy@movingsimplified.com

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi
    I am due in late August with my first baby and looking for care when I go back to work after 3months (4 if I am lucky!).
    I would love to speak to Alison, her location is perfect and I have hoped to find a vegetartian friendly provider
    Thank you!
    arielsherman@comcast.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home