Portland PARKA: Parents Raising Kids Alone

We are mothers who did it all ourselves from the very start (conception?). We are raising wonderful children in Portland by ourselves, and doing a darned wonderful job of it! You are welcome to join us if you are a single woman with a child, planning a child, or thinking about having or adopting a child on your own.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Single mother nightmare

For the first time, I have had to take time off from work due to Tory's health. It was weird being home and not being sick. It almost felt like cheating. But we spent the majority of the day trying to track down some topical antibiotic for her raging goopy eye infection. I was so stressed out. We finally were able to obtain the golden ointment at 2:30pm, and everyone knows, the child has to be on antibiotics for at least 24 hours before they can return to day care and not infect the other kids, so I have no idea what is going to happen. Luckily, I have a very flexible day care lady (see post, she has openings!) and also a flexible manager at work who is willing to let me bring Tory in for awhile tomorrow so I don't have to take another day off. We will have to be locked in my office, of course, and I don't see how I will be able to get anything done, but I will give it the old college try! I am hoping to be able to bring her to day care by nap time. Then, I also had to bring the cat to the vet tonight, and the momma guilt thing set in, in 2 ways: first, I didn't want to have to bring Tory back out after she had spend over 2 hours (not an exaggeration) at pharmacies today trying to get her meds, and second, I needed to get baby cat's (17 yrs old) thyroid checked out or I wouldn't be able to renew her meds. Luckily, I had an understanding friend who came over and babysat for a couple hours so I could go out with kitty ($215 later....). I am exhausted, so excuse me if I go and fall into bed at 8:30!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Debby and Tory said…

    So we went to the doctor today due to green goop coming out of the nose today, and Tory has an ear infection, eye infection, and infection of the tissue around her eyes. She is not a happy camper! Well, the upside is I don't have to wrestle with her anymore to get the ointment in her eyes. Instead, I have to force the oral stuff down her throat. What a treat! Well, one more day off from work. I can hardly stand the fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home